Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I swear I'll never say that

Noah seems to ask me on a daily basis where his shoes are. As if I should magically know where they are. But yet again he asked. All of a sudden words I swore I would never say came flying out of my mouth, "The last time I wore them I put them away." I can't count the number of times I heard my dad say that as I was looking for an item of clothing. How I hated it. I swore that I would never repeat that to my kids. It didn't help Noah to find the shoes but it did make me realize why my dad got so frustrated. Another favorite of mine is "For crying outloud!" As a kid that never made sense, who would cry silently? What phrases have you repeated?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

"Why can't you just love each other??"

--as said by Judy sometime in the 80s

Anonymous said...

Quit crying or I will give you sometime to cry about! Want to get some ice cream?

Anonymous said...

Once I told my mom that I was thirsty, and we were in the middle of JCPenney. Her maternal reply was, "What do you want me to do, spit in your mouth?"


No. I wanted to find a drinking fountain.

Old School said...

Some of my personal favorites are:
"The last time I wore them, played with them, used them, fill in the blank with them, I put them away" (I use that regularly)
I also like "Do you want a spanking?"
I don't know if rp said it but I now say "Do I look.. stupid, like I was born yesterday, l,ike there is a word written on my forehead, etc?" to which I now look at my wife and add "don't answer that"

Michelle said...

Do you want me to tell Daddy about this?

Anonymous said...

From Grandma Ruth when I wanted something....
"Do you want me to cut it out of my leg?"

So what is with this one?

Anonymous said...

Tami,

Thanks for the package. You were very generous. PLEASE don't send more, your debt is completely paid!

Anonymous said...

Great sayings never die, they don't even fad away.