Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New Songs

I have discovered over the last couple of years that I now have favorite Christmas songs. Two years ago Noah was asking to hear the dog song, I thought the barking dogs. "No mom, you know Feliz navi dog. We still sing it that way and I can't help but get a smile everytime I hear it, even if he isn't with me. Another new favorite is The Little Drummer Boy. Elli discovered that she could sing along with the "rum, pa, pa, rum". Soon the whole family was singing riding down the road. I thank God for the gift of these beautiful children and the moments I get to share with them. God has really shown me this year to stop and enjoy this year and he has given me much relief that only he can give because I am terrible at trying to "destress" myself. I am so grateful for everything he has done for me and the very reason behind Christmas. Sending his child to save me from myself.

8 comments:

Old School said...

Grandma got run over by a blazer, after Grandma B got in an accident, sung by Todd, thats my favorite Christmas tune

Old School said...

singing down the road, did it go something like this?

Clark: "Take it Rusty"





Clark and Ellen: "fa la la la la la la la la la"

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite is "Ding Fries are Done!"

Anonymous said...

How about the classic Silent Night line with the heavy-set guy, "Round John Virgin" standing at the manger with the mother and child?

Or: Trust and O beg!

I remember a few kids singing these lines. ;-)

MiniMe Mom said...

I am now calm too.

Speaking of which, let's set a date. For real this time:-) No more sick kids!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the song from "Christmas Story" when the chinese waiters sing: Fa ra ra ra ra.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

Old School said...

I like the song from the muppets when they go manamana, do do do do do, manamana, do do do do