Thursday, February 07, 2008

All that was neccessary was a delay

I see no reason for a full blown cancelation of the school day. After all think of the education they are missing. I guess that would not have helped Elli screaming/sobbing in Target, "I want my blankee". Or the fact that Target didn't have one pair of winter boots left, especially since these were the second pair of boots from there that broke. McDonald's which seemed like a good idea was a nightmare. We did finally find a ugly pair of boots at Meijer and they were on sale. Character boots, which I hate, but Noah was thrilled. A bright spot, I did find a pair of Sketchers for myself for $7, they're gold, Chelle you'd love them. All I wanted was to clean my house and do a litlle scrapbooking this afternoon. Oh well there's always next week.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I concur. we have had 5 snow days and one 2hr delay in 3 weeks time. Although we do live in the "country" so road are sketchy at best. Dewey has been to school like 3 times in 3 weeks, yes he was sick, but still. Now he thinks K-garten is done for the year!

Now, tell me more about these shoes...

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! Three posts between Jan. 7 and Feb.7!

I agree though, when it stops snowing before 8:00 at night there is no excuse for having clear roads by morning. Stupid Gov'ment

Anonymous said...

Back in my day we never had "snow days". We walked to school uphill all the way there and back. The snow was over my head and the snow always blew in my face. I didn't even have shoes let alone boots. I would go from house to house and warm my hands on the outdoor christmas lights. I left in the dark and came home in the dark. I was required to carry a cement block where ever I went. Kids now days have it too easy. The only days off we had was Christmas day when we would get a new pick axe and on our birthday they would sharpen it for us. The mountain lions and wolves would track us in the snow but I was too quick for them. One time I pushed Tootie girl down as bait for them but they did not like taste of her. The sun would beat down on me as I struggled along in the 110 degree heat. That mixed with the frost bite on my feet only made me walk faster. I need not go on or I might start streching the truth. If you would like to hear more you will have to read my book.

MiniMe Mom said...

Got to disagree. I LOVE snow days :-)

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh, and Fig---you could STILL warm your hands on a few neighbors' Christmas lights. Seriously, people, it is Feb., and your tree lights are still lit? Sigh.

Nicole said...

And yet another snow day, for the folks here in cal-a-doh-nigh-a....I'm barely holding on, people.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Fig, and I suppose your teacher socked you in the jaw while you were at school, too.

Anonymous said...

yea, she kicked me in the jaw and then locked me in the closet. Then she made me knit with the girls. And I liked it.