Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Double JJ Ranch

Noah, Elli, and I joined Rob at the Double JJ Ranch for a Church Planters retreat. We left on Sunday afternoon and returned this morning. It was our first time at the ranch. We got to the ranch an hour and half later than planned, thus cutting into the time we were to spend in the water park. When we finally did arrive we drove around another 20 minutes trying to find out where we were to stay. (the place is huge). We decided that just Noah and I would go to the park due the time constraint and to save a little money. I drove up and passed the water park. As I was doing an illegal u-turn I got stuck in a ditch and mainteance had to pull me out. When we finally got inside, the workers didn't know about the special prices our group was to get. That took another 10 minutes and finally we were on our way. Up to the big slide we walked with our tube, ready to go down when Noah darted off and said that maybe next year he would try the slides, he was too scared. I don't think I have ever paid $40 to ride on a lazy river for 45 minutes in my life, definitely not worth the price except for this big silly grin on a little 6 year olds face. Over all we really did have a good time despite our expensive tube ride, freezing cold cabin, and Rob losing his cell phone. We feel blessed that we have opportunities to do special things like that. Maybe Noah won't hate being a PK after all.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Rob lost his cell phone...hmmm?

I smell an iPhone in his future!!

Really, it's for the best.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer!!

Reminds me of when Brent and I took Ashlyn (15mths) to Fred Meijer Gardens...in the winter. Paid and stayed about 15 minutes...It sucked!..Way better for older kids, when the butterflies are there and it's warm enough for the play area!

Dana said...

So I'm wondering...do you say "Double J-J Ranch" or just "Double J Ranch?" Because if it's Double J-J Ranch, then really we should call it Quadruple J Ranch and be done with it.

Just saying.

MiniMe Mom said...

Note to self: Stay away from the Double J.