Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lessons learned

I learned some much and it isn't even officially summer yet. 1. If you build it they will come, the neighborhood kids that is. After finishing of the sand box/swingset we had all the kids over having to try out the new equipment out. 2. I must start wearing tank tops to get rid of the farmers tan I am starting to develop. 3. I am not responsible to feed the neighborhood. Noah, bless his heart, feels the need to share a snack with everyone. One or two kids no problem, but when it's four or five I got to draw the line. I will share the Flavor-Ice. Great idea Cheryl. 4. If there is dirt, candy, or a mess to be made Elli will find it. 5. If you just think you charged your camera battery but didn't really, you will miss some great Memorial day shots and think that your new camera is broken. 6. The men in our neighborhood are all pretty wimpy. Wearing gloves while you do yardwork and weed wack, and riding lawnmowers. Come on, it's not like we live in the country with huge yards. It only takes me 45 minutes with the push lawnmower. Man up!! 7. Is there really a need to outdo eachother with the t-ball snacks? As my friend says, "I'm known as the Little Debbie lady". Right on, whats on sale at Walmart? 8. Finally, do not ride on Elli's bike or car or you will have to deal with her wrath. It looks like a summer of learning to share for this little lady.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men wearing gloves to do yardwork??? I've never witnessed that. The wimpiest thing I've seen is a neighbor who took a saw to his tree (he has "people" who normally do the yardwork) and he held it more like a nail file...and as Ashlyn would say, his "coin slot" was visible to all on-lookers.

Anonymous said...

Glove wearing people scare me too. I actually 'foot with some guys who think it necessary to wear gloves even for a relaxing morning of 'footing.

Mamby Pamby comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

I can identify with the camera and battery thing. With all the new technology, why can't they make a lifelong battery for cameras?

Do you think we might need gloves just to carry the camera around then?

Old School said...

I say no gloves,
I call it "acapella", ie without accompaniment (sp)

Anonymous said...

1. If you build a sandbox cats will come. 2. Nothing wrong with farmers tan, with a shirt you look like a native american, without a shirt we may need sunglasses. 3. Give them some of your home made cookies - they won't be back. 4. Elli is definately not on the cheerleader pathway. 5. The image of figs bathing suit will be ingrained into your brain, no need for cameras. 6. 45 minutes? If you do not have room for a soccerfield, swimming pool, volleyball net, softball diamond all at the same time and still have to mow for 3 hours your really don't have a yard. 7. Just bring some of the above mentioned chocolate chip cookies and you will not be on the snack list again. 8. Well maybe she will be a cheerleader.

MiniMe Mom said...

Kayden has no desire to share either. Even with pretty girls. Shame.