Thursday, June 07, 2007

Quality

I have recently come to realize that it doesn't always pay to go cheap. I have been through 3 vacuum cleaners and have hated them all because they never work good. This time I went down to the vacuum center and bought a good one that should last 10-12 years. Same goes with our lawn mower, although technically it did last a good 8 years and it was used when we bought it. Yet again I have done it and bought a cheap dresser for Noah's room. I had to put it together but it is made out of real wood. The drawers never stay on there tracks and every time Noah needs anything I have to get it so he doesn't wreck it. Kinda defeats the purpose. I can't bear to tell Rob he might have been right. All that to save a whopping $60. When will I learn?

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Tami you need a Rainbow Vac. Have had mine for 9 years, never a problem. We totally charged it when we bought it since we were newly married and broke. Totally worth it.

Anonymous said...

This post rings true....I bought Austin a toddler bed from Kmart and it sucks....The boards are breaking on the bottom and the siderail didnt come with a screw to keep it bolted down...which means it swings.

Ashlyn's bed I got from Pottery Barn and I'm sure it could be passed down to her daughter.

Old School said...

Chelle has a rainbow, lol

Triplet Mom said...

We got a Kirby when we first got married. Between that, a new computer, and Calvin College tuition we were breaking the bank! Never have a problem with it though! Still works great. The computer however, that's a different story! I paid more for it than I did for my current laptop and that old thing is SO SLOW!

Sonny Huisman said...

Speaking of computers, and getting what you pay for . . . This post is proof that everyone should buy a Mac, right Chelle? Why waste money on some POS PC? Once you go Mac, you never go back!

Michelle said...

true that!

Michelle said...

I am smiling just thinking about my Mac.

Anonymous said...

Rainbow? Kirby" you people crack me up, Carlton Sheets anyone?

Anonymous said...

Not much to say. Vacs are vacs. Everyone has a favorate, they are all expensive, no one likes to use them. husbands can't use them. Shop-Vacs are ok.

Anonymous said...

Tami,

Make sure you get a vacuum that is "flowbee" ready.

Anonymous said...

I like blogs with more posts (Originally posted 6-7 12 days ago), Now that is quality or not

Anonymous said...

Tami, since you do not update your blog, I feel it necessary to do it for you. Here is a topic. I was at a funeral today and a nice looking middle aged women came up to me and asked if I was Tami and Rob's cousin. I, of course asked why because I do not always like to admit being related to Tami. After I found out that she liked you I said I was indeed your younger cousin on the wrong side. I continued to smooze her with my banter telling her I looked this great due to my clean living. She of course agreed with me. It is now up to you to figure out who this saintly women was. good luck.