Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday

There were alot of times growing up with my brother Todd when we didn't like each other very well. A few memories come to mind. * Todd slamming the car door on my head as I was climbing out, he said it was accidental but I always wondered. * Riding home from church in his car, ducking my head so nobody would mistake me for his girlfriend. * Having crushes on all his friends, Todd hating that. ( Rob Tinholt took me out for ice cream once, did you know that?) * Almost drowning me at Ludington, I'm sure you don't remember that. Thank goodness things got better as time went on. When he came home from college during summer breaks I remember ordering pizza late one night having a heart to heart talk about life. I am amazed at the connection he has with little kids. I have never met one that has not loved him, my kids included, he is their favorite uncle. Noah plans on moving in with him when he turns 18. He is very generous with his boat always offering to take Noah on the kneeboard or for a tube ride. He has a big heart that I have gotten glimpses of during different times of our lives. Times that he might not remember but that have made an impression on me. I am grateful to have a brother like you and the influence you have had on my life. I love you. So happy late birthday Todd, and don't worry I only get mushy once a year on your birthday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys really do like each other! One would have wondered about 30 years ago!
Happy belated birthday,Todd! I still owe you some home-baked goodies delivered to the office. When I get back, I will make good on this!

Anonymous said...

Todd for your sake I sure hope your mother is much better at baking chocolate chip cookies than your sister

Anonymous said...

Who is Todd? I thought it was Nute's birthday. Nute is the very best. (Nextel man). I thought I was the favorate uncle of everyone.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Nute! You rock Nextel guy!

Anonymous said...

I should read these blogs more often. You miss a blog for a week and it turns out to in your honor. Thanks Tami. Your right, I don't remember most of those things. I still don't like you to ride in my car with me. Floyd Tinholt took you out for ice cream??? Never had a clue.
Move over UD, theres a new favorite uncle in town.

Anonymous said...

You only have to check this one every other week Nute. Not much change over in content

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that checking this blog every other month is enough. Come on Tami! Are you ever coming out to the cottage again? I got 2 skis just waiting for you, your nephews can barefoot for heaven sake. Rob - time to go hunting!!!

Old School said...

I used to beat him up