Thursday, August 23, 2007

Say "NO" to fear

Noah had a lesson at church that taught him to say NO to fear and yes to God. That lesson came back to haunt me Tuesday night. We headed out to the big Hudsonville Fair with the neighbors for a night of thrills and excitement. If you remember from a prior post Noah was a little hesitant about some of the rides. We started out a the swings and he wanted nothing to do with them. Madison went on all by herself without an ounce of fear. Noah started noticing how much fun she was having and decided he didn't want to miss out. I was so proud of him he rode every ride with excitement and went on rides I wouldn't have dreamt he would have done before. As the night ended they had to decide what their last ride would be. They chose the Ferris wheel, now if you know me you know that I am not a big fan of high ride or anything that might even make you lose your stomach. Ok, so I may be known to freak out on a roller coaster or two. But I could I not go on it with him? After he had been so brave all night? It was my turn to bite the bullet. On we went and had a great time. I was so glad I was forced into doing something out of my comfort zone. I would have missed out on a great moment with my son as we looked out over the fair and saw everything below.

5 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Great blog!! Full of energy and stories that, unfortunately for us moms, we can all relate to.

Anonymous said...

Tami, I can relate....I get sick just watching my kids spin around on the living room floor....but I don't get it....i used to ride the biggest, bestest, fastest, swirliest roller coaster rides out there...maybe that's what happens when you get old.

Anonymous said...

Old, nothing!

Tami tried to "EXIT LEFT" from the large roller coaster at Cedar Point right after the first hill. She was probably in about the third or forth grade at the time.

She actually was out from behind the bar in the car and was on the floor trying to get out. I had all I could do to keep her on the floor. She was getting off that thing!

Never again will I ride with her on something like that! No way! No how!

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's just so easy to stay within our little comfort zones and not try anything else.

I will say I'm not much for those fair rides that spin you a million times. I can take the high rides over those spinning one anyday.

MiniMe Mom said...

I, too, can no longer take the spinning rides at the fair. I get sick even thinking about them right now:-)

I was so dissapointed that we missed it this year due to camping. I love to walk around and see all the animals and tractors. Kind of a bum week for the fair:-) Glad you had so much fun!