Thursday, November 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

I liked what Chelle did with telling about what her parents meant to her, so I am going to do the same. In honor of my mom's 60th birthday ( November 3) I would like to start with her. I have a lot of great memories with my mom. - Shopping, paying for cookies and leaving them at the counter - Watching for Rob's Bronco to drive by the house all the while crying over the latest fight (remember that night mom?) - Moving to Denver and the many heart wrenching phones calls - Bra shopping ( I won't go in to details) ended up fun - Being able to call mom and tell about the new thing one of my kids and her being as excited as I am These are just a few of the memories to share. What I have truly felt my whole life from my mom is her love and acceptance of me. When things have gotten really tough in my life I know that I can go home and my mom will wrap her arms around me and cry with me and her tears say more than any words. I also see the love she has for my children and that means the world to me. I hope you know how much you mean to me and that I love you very much. Thank you for everything you have done for me. Happy birthday Mom.

11 comments:

Old School said...

"What Tami said"
Happy Birthday, Mom Cow

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Cowel!

Hope your day is as fabulous as you!

MiniMe Mom said...

Mom's are the best, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I remember your bra shopping. you were having too much fun.

tami said...

Yes my mom does go to BSF. I usually sit with her and my sister inlaw during the lecture.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Cowel ranks pretty high on my list. However, she was a little mean to me when I was young. I wanted her to read a magazine to me when I was about 5 years old. I was expecting Bowhunter, WaterSki, or even SI, but I got HighLights! This is what she read to me: "To Much Mud Is Not Funny" I still don't understand.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tami! What a nice tribute. Yes, it is a good thing that we left the cookies on the counter, especially after I went bra shopping with you. If we had eaten the cookies, well.....
let's just say that we might have had to have a larger size yet!
50 DDD or something...

Anonymous said...

Alright Fig!
Let's get this straight for once!
Cowel was helping you.
--When you do a backwards deep water, "Too much mud is not funny."
--When you crawl through the weeds blowing your crazy turkey call, "Too much mud is not funny."
--When you play a little three on three and go up for a layup, "Too much mud is not funny."
--When you are lying mid fairway and need to hit a solid three iron, trust me, "Too much mud is not funny."
She was only trying to help you. Alas, once again, you didn't get the point. You and Mots only just laughed and laughed.

Anonymous said...

Mom, IT was a wonder you turned out as god as you are, what with having to deal with Ron and Tami. You don't look a day over 50.

Todd

Anonymous said...

"as god as you are?"

blaspheme!

MiniMe Mom said...

Sorry lunch did not work this week, I was looking forward to it. Maybe next week?