Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . . now

Wouldn't you know it, now it snows. This was not the Christmas I had expected this year. We had to celebrate with Rob's family a couple weeks early and at night. It was a green Christmas and I defintely like snow with my holiday. I was feeling a little sorry for myself . Yet God showed me so much grace and took me beyond the parties and presents. He reminded me what his birth ultimatley meant for me and I heard the words to those Christmas carols and the story behind them. He gave me moments with my family to treasure, Christmas shopping with Noah, wrapping presents together, and slowing down, not getting all my Christmas cookies made but enjoying my kids instead. It was a joy to see Noah being excited about not just getting presents but giving them, including my new fuzzy blue argyle slippers. Elli was fun to watch as she opened her Dora gifts and got excited every time. One of my favorite memories I will cherish is Christmas night letting Noah crawl into to bed with us and all watching The Polor Express. I can't even explain the various ways that God showed up this year and so different than what I am use too. I am so undeserving and thankful for it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa 2 days and nobody has commented you yet. Here's one.

Anonymous said...

Now can I have some real cookies?

MiniMe Mom said...

I will comment. I actually do not mind the snow. I do wish we could have had it on Christmas day. I love a White Christmas, but it sure made it easy to take down the Christmas lights!

Old School said...

Ice for rinks, snow for hills and trails, winter RULES!