Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Big Happennings

It was pure excitement over in the Wondergem home last week. Noah's first tooth fell out. He had been mentioning for months how he had a loose tooth, but it seemed every time he told us it was a different tooth. Trying to be a patient mom I would always "feel" the tooth. Well, this time Noah showed me his tooth, and it was loose. The last week we tried to pull it out different times, those teeth are small and hard to get a hold of. Every time Noah would ask,"Is it going to hurt?" Rob would explain that it doesn't hurt too bad but there might be a little blood. Last Wednesday night just before Noah was heading out for church he said, "Mom my tooth fell out." I looked in his mouth and it was dangling. I pulled it out and we cheered and clapped. Noah thought it was pretty cool that there was blood and that it didn't even hurt. I realize how my little boy is growing up and how fast it has gone. I remember being excited when he was getting his first tooth in and now he's already starting to loose them. I am thankful that he is growing up and yet at the same time I wish I could slow it down.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I know the feeling. I just want to freeze my kids at this age. Well, maybe I want to freeze them when they were all at home, before school got in the way of all the real fun.

Good work, Noah!

MiniMe Mom said...

I love a good toothless grin. It is when they grow back that I had a hard time (remember the beautiful pix of me with teeth ten sizes too big for my face?)

Anonymous said...

Ditto...I could put Ashlyn's age on pause...But as for "Austy", not so much. 3 and up, I say.

YAY, Noah!... and Tami for yanking it out without any tears!

Braaaad, can you guess which Auntie asks her kids when they are going to be 20yr? I think if there was a pause button she'd destroy it with a single blow.

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I'm pretty sure I don't know who, or what, the heck you are talking about

tami said...

Yes, I look forward to the toothless grin also, so cute and then the akward stage comes. I'm sure Noah will still look cute to me, although my own mother said I had a few rough years.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to use your blog for this, Tami..

Leatha! She can not wait for the girls to be all grown up...maybe you didnt know that. Looks like I'm in the loop more than you! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Becareful what you wish. My mom wished I would be a kid forever and look what happened.